Visitor Question

Slipped Discs and Pinched Nerve from Fall at Work…

Submitted By: Anonymous (USA)

I slipped and fell at work. The fall bruised my left knee and it swelled up. I called my supervisor and told him what happened, but they just laughed and didn’t do anything.

The next day I went to my doctor and he took me off work for 2 weeks. He also put me on light duty for 2 months and instructed me to stay off my leg. He said the fall caused me to have 4 slipped discs in my back and a pinched nerve in my shoulder, in addition to the injured knee.

Can I sue for these injuries? How would I pursue this case? Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

Under the set of circumstances you offered you really can’t sue anyone. You are covered by Workmans Compensation Insurance.

If the doctor can verify your back injuries were as a result of a work related matter then you will be fairly compensated by your employer’s insurance company.

The only time you can sue is if there exists a credible conflict between your employer, their insurance company, and you, or if your employer didn’t have workmans compensation insurance and you were injured and needed medical treatment.

Under the facts you present there doesn’t seem to be any reason your employer’s insurance company shouldn’t take care of all of your medical bills.

If for any reason you think you would like a second opinion, ask your employer or their insurance adjuster for the name of another doctor on their approved list.

During the time it takes for your treatment, if the doctors say you are unable to work a partial amount of your wages should be paid as well.

Learn more here: Back Injuries at Work

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *