Visitor Question

Workers Comp Eye Injury…

Submitted By: Dennis (Paterson, New Jersey)

I was driving my hi/low at work and got hit with a rock in my eye. I have a scar on my cornea. I went to six different doctors to find out what was wrong with my eye. I lost some of my site in my left eye, about 50%. Could you tell me what am looking at for damages to my eye? Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Dennis,

Workers Compensation claims are based on your injury rating which is the percentage associated with your disability, i.e. you are 50% disabled.

It is also based upon your income – a doctor will make more than a waitress because their respective annual income is higher. Without knowing your rating and your income, it is impossible to tell you the amount for which your case would settle.

However, what you know for certain is that this is a workers compensation claim.

Make sure a claim has been submitted and begin working with an adjuster. The adjuster will send you for an independent medical examination (IME) with a workers compensation approved provider. They will give you the disability rating.

Learn more here: Eye Injuries at Work

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *