Visitor Question

Workers Compensation Benefit Not Enough…

Submitted By: Joe (PA)

My job entails loading trucks. I have to load couches and other excessively heavy objects (all weighing 50 to 140lbs) into the truck by myself.

I have seriously hurt my back and am told by the doctors I’m unable to work. What else can I do besides collecting workmans compensation? I’m unable to support my wife and 2 small children on the amount they’re giving me.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Joe,

Unfortunately you are bound by your Pennsylvania’s Workman’s Compensation Act. It, like others in surrounding states, is crystal clear about recovery. You can not sue your employer. You must go through the Workman’s Compensation Process.

You might check with your local Unemployment and Benefits Office. It is entirely possible you may be eligible for unemployment benefit including money, food, and other necessaries.

You have paid your taxes all these years. Your local Unemployment and Benefits Office can help you. In many cases you can apply online and have food and other benefits made available to you within 3 days.

Learn more here: Back Injuries at Work

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *