See how injury victims fight to get the compensation they deserve. Explore case studies from common types of injury claims and lawsuits.
When a person of any age is harmed by someone else’s negligence, the injured victim or their family have a right to demand compensation from the at-fault party.
Here are a variety of case examples from the moment of injury through final claim settlement.
The case studies offered here are for educational purposes only. The victim stories are drawn from actual injury claims, although elements have been changed to protect those involved. Any resemblance to real persons or entities is purely coincidental.
Although our injury victims are fictional, the points raised about claim values, proving fault, getting legal help, and pursuing injury compensation are important and relevant.
Slip and Fall Injury Cases
Slip and falls are the most common cause of injury accidents, after auto crashes. As these cases illustrate, good evidence is critical to a successful slip and fall injury claim.
- Case Example: Slip and Fall Personal Injury in a Grocery Store
- Case Example: Slip and Fall on Premises Under Video Surveillance
- Case Example: Train Station Slip and Fall Accident Lawsuit
- Case Example: Lawsuit from a Slip and Fall On Neighbor’s Icy Driveway
Business Premises Liability Cases
Not all premises liability cases are from slip and fall accidents. The negligence of business owners or management can lead to serious customer injuries like burns, head injuries, and the trauma of near-drowning, as we see here.
- Case Example: Denied Claim Leads to Premises Liability Lawsuit
- Case Example: Vicarious Tort Liability for Emotional Distress
- Case Example: Premises Liability Lawsuit for Burn Victim
Workers’ Compensation Cases
Injured workers are almost always entitled to medical and wage replacement benefits, but sometimes they have to fight to get what’s fair. These workers had to deal with denied claims, incorrect wage benefits, and disputes over returning to work and disability status.
- Case Example: Workers’ Compensation Wage Benefit Dispute
- Case Example: Employer Disputes Workers’ Comp Claim
- Case Example: Workers’ Compensation Settlement for Back Injury
- Case Example: Workers’ Compensation Disability Settlement
- Case Example: Injured Worker Disputes Return to Work
- Case Example: Worker’s Compensation for Workplace Assault and Battery
Dog Bite Injury Litigation
Dog attacks are painful and terrifying to the victim, and necessary medical treatment can be expensive. These two cases are good examples of dog bite victims who were successfully compensated, even when the dog owner or the insurance company didn’t want to pay.
- Case Example: Injured Jogger Dog Bite Insurance Claim Denied
- Case Example: Dog Bite Lawsuit for Severe Facial Injuries
Negligent Medical Care Cases
When a health care provider breaches their obligation to provide an appropriate standard of care, they should be held accountable. Represented by skilled attorneys, these injured patients get the compensation they deserve for medical malpractice and ambulance worker negligence.
- Case Example: Compensation Claim for Botched Cosmetic Surgery
- Case Example: Malpractice Settlement for Birth Injuries to Child
- Case Example: Patient Injured in Ambulance Accident
Defamation, Libel, and Slander Claims
Libel and slander complaints are increasingly common, especially now that deprecating information about someone can go viral on social media in a matter of hours. However, the victim’s outrage isn’t always enough to win a defamation of character case.
- Case Example: Defamation of Character and Wrongful Termination
- Case Example: False Accusation and Arrest Leads to Defamation Lawsuit
Institutional Elder Care Abuse
Negligence and abuse of frail, vulnerable, and sometimes confused elderly individuals is a particularly vile crime. In addition to criminal charges, patient families can bring civil lawsuits against facilities that fail to care for and protect the elderly abuse victim.
- Case Example: Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
- Case Example: Nursing Home Sexual Abuse by Facility Employees
- Case Example: Assisted Living Facility Neglects Elderly Resident
- Case Example: Nursing Home Medications Negligence
Wrongful Death Civil Lawsuit
A college student dies during a fraternity hazing. See how his parents hold the school, fraternity, and frat brothers accountable.
How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?
Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…