Visitor Question

Achilles Tendon Personal Injury Case…

Submitted By: Richard (Oakland, TN)

My wife was visiting a neighbor when a boat he had leaning against his house blew over, hitting her in the leg. It hit her at the achilles tendon area and split her ankle wide open.

I rushed her to the local clinic but they could not provide care. I then took her to the emergency room where she was stitched up and referred to an orthopedic surgeon. She has been out of work for over a month, and is not expected to return for months.

Can we get compensation from our neighbor’s homeowners insurance policy for her injuries and lost wages? Thanks.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Richard,

Your wife seems to have a solid claim for her injuries. Homeowners Insurance policies are designed just for these types of accidents.

Some people think if they are injured at a friend’s home the only way to receive compensation is to sue your friend. That’s usually not the case at all. Instead, all that has to be done is for your friend to give you the name and telephone number of his homeowners insurance company.

You will not have to sue him, nor in 99% of the cases will you ever have to confront him in a legal proceeding. Just like in automobile collision cases you normally never sue the driver. Rather, you just work out a settlement with his insurance company.

The sooner you contact your friend’s insurance company the sooner your wife will be able to recover compensation for her medical costs, out of pocket expenses, and even her lost wages.

Learn more here: Homeowner Insurance Injury Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *