Visitor Question

Can I change chiropractors after a car accident?

Submitted By: Anonymous (USA)

I got run over by a car on October 28, 2010. A week later I was sent to physical therapy by my lawyer for about 2 weeks. I stopped going because I didn’t like how my back pain problem was been treated.

It’s been around 2 months and my back pain is worse. What should I do? Should I ask my attorney to send me to a different chiropractor?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

Your health is most important. If you are not satisfied with the treatment you’ve been receiving at your current Chiropractor there is nothing wrong with asking your Attorney to refer you to another.

Your Attorney probably has business relationships with more than one Chiropractor. If your Attorney is working on your case it is important for you to continue to treat. If you are not fully recovered your Attorney will not be able to settle your case for the amount it deserves.

Additionally, the amount of your settlement is dependent on the amount of your medical bills, out of pocket expenses, lost wages, and chiropractic bills. The best thing to do is to make an appointment to visit with your Attorney. You should discuss with her how you feel about your present chiropractor.

Your Attorney wants your recovery and the case to run smoothly. The smoother things go the better the chance of a more substantial settlement.

Best of Luck,

Law Guy

Learn more here: Pedestrians Hit by Cars

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *