Visitor Question

Gallbladder Removal After Rear End Accident…

Submitted By: Darren (California)

I was rear-ended in a car accident a month ago and just recently had to have my gallbladder removed, having no problems with my gallbladder prior to the accident. I was buckled up when the accident occurred and I don’t know if that had something to do with my injury and resulting removal of my gallbladder.

I was wondering if this could be related to the accident?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Darren,

Although we consider our ourselves to be one of the best Personal Injury and Workmans Compensation sites available, we stop at giving medical diagnoses. The best way to find out if your gallbladder problem and its resulting removal are related to the collision is to visit with your physicians.

The good news is the State of California has a 2 year Statute of Limitations. That means you have up to two years from the date of your injury to either settle your personal injury case or file a lawsuit.

The State of California isn’t a “No-Fault” insurance state.

No fault insurance states require injured drivers to turn to their own insurance companies for compensation for injuries sustained during vehicular collisions. So, if your gallbladder removal can be connected to the collision you will have a right to pursue the other driver and her insurance company for compensation.

Visit with your physicians before considering the pursuit of your personal injury claim. Also meet with several attorneys to review your case. Most reputable attorneys offer a free initial consultation.

Learn more here: Permanent Injury Settlements

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *