Visitor Question

Pain after hernia exam…

Submitted By: Garrett (Plano, TX)

Last week, I had to get a physical for my new job. One of the exams required for the physical was to test for a hernia. When the doctor reached up behind my left testicle, she did it very aggressively, and it hurt very bad. I told her that she needs to be careful, and she just giggled about it.

There was also a nurse in the room during the exam. The doctor said she needed a witness to do the hernia test. Over the past week, I’ve have been having pain in the area where she checked as well as throughout my seminal tubes on my left side. Is there anything I can do about this? She clearly caused pain where there was none before.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Garrett,

If you’re serious and the pain remains, you can always contact the doctor and tell her she squeezed your testicles too hard. At that point you can ask her to compensate you for the pain. Determining a proper amount of compensation to demand is difficult to surmise.

If you’re really serious you can seek a medical opinion from another doctor to see if the “aggressive reaching”

caused some form of serious injury. If so, you can go on to the next step and consider retaining a medical malpractice attorney. While you can always file a lawsuit on your own, doing so would be a terrible idea. It’s very unlikely the doctor will admit to having injured you. Let’s hope the pain will subside.

Learn more here: Physician Malpractice Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *